Covid-19: How to Disinfect Your Car | Quick Car Cleaning Tips Against Coronavirus.
It’s important to remember that coronavirus can last on surfaces for up to 72 hours, so there’s a very high chance that your vehicle could carry the virus.
It’s very important to keep your car clean and sanitized to prevent yourself and others from the risk of exposure.
With that in mind, we’ve got some easy tips to help keep your car safe and Clean – Inside and Out
- Personal Hygiene and Sanitization
- Don’t just clean, disinfect
- What Disinfectant tools to use
- What not to use
- Where to clean specifically
- Remove all unnecessary items
Personal Hygiene and Sanitization.
It’s important to maintain personal hygiene before you get into your car- wash or sanitize your hands regularly and thoroughly before and after your drive, wear your mask even while driving, to prevent your cough or sneezing spreading droplets across your car, or even inhaling other droplets when you roll down your window.
Don’t Just Clean, Disinfect the contaminated surface.
Don’t just rely on soap and water or those fancy car cleaners to clean your car, here we need the heavy-duty disinfectants as the contaminated surface needs to be cleaned and disinfected by something that really works.
Seek professional help here to disinfect and sanitize your car. Harpreet Ford Service centers across the Delhi NCR are well equipped with a host of Disinfectant tools and equipment which nowadays are offered complimentary with every service visit of the car, as we know how important it is to keep our customers’ health in check. Know More Here.
What Disinfectant Tools to Use
It’s very important to keep a check on what equipment you are using for cleaning and disinfecting, as sometimes some products can turn out to be damaging for our cars exterior and interior without even knowing. Things to take care of-
- Use Soft cloth or Microfibre cloth – Using a soft touch or a microfibre cloth will ensure that it will not damage the plastics and leather inside your car as hard cloth material can give harsh scratches to the car’s interior while cleaning.
- Isopropyl Alcohol or Disinfectant with 60% or above of alcohol- As mentioned earlier, we just don’t have to clean, we have to disinfect as well and so it is very important to use Isopropyl Alcohol or anything which has 60% or above of alcohol level. which ultimately helps in disrupting the properties of the virus and disinfect the contaminated surface easily.
- Precautions while cleaning your Leather upholstery- While many leather interiors have a protective coating, which is safe to be cleaned by Alcohol, but we know its a harsh substance to be used over and over again, so an alternate can be a soap water solution which can be followed by the leather conditioner to keep your cars upholstery safe.
Precautions to be taken while cleaning and disinfecting your Car.
There is always some harsh material which can be damaging to your vehicle’s exterior and interior- Some of the materials are Bleach which contains hydrogen peroxide, benzene, and thinners, other material like ammonia-based cleaners on the infotainment screens and windows can damage the anti-glare and anti-fingerprint coatings. So avoid these things while the process.
Specific areas to target while cleaning and Disinfecting.
Here comes the most important part which is, where to clean and disinfect in the car. It is advisable to focus on the frequently touched surface of your cars interior and exterior like-
- Exterior door handles
- Trunk lid or lift gate grab areas
- Steering wheel
- key and remote of the car
- Interior door handles
- Start-Stop Button
- Gear Selector
- Seat belts and Buckles
- Parking Brakes
- Center stack Knobs etc
The Cars ventilation system or Air-conditioning system is more prone to bring in virus inside the cabin- make sure to service your AC system thoroughly- Use Special Green Air and AC Filters Offered by Harpreet Ford which are certified in blocking Virus and PM 2.5 pollutants.
The infotainment screen is a frequently touched part, but not a place which should come under heavy-duty cleaners, just use microfibre and disinfectant and be gentle to avoid any faults.
And the final tip is the usual Social Distancing try avoiding having a co-driver or other passenger in your car because who knows who’s carrying the virus. Try solo driving as much as possible till the time everything settles down and things will get back to normal.
These tips can come in handy for those who need to go out in this tough time, However for others
We aim to offer complete customer support and deliver all essential information to our customers.
- Moti Nagar:- https://g.page/FordMotinagar?share
- MG Road Gurgaon:- https://g.page/HFordGurgaon?share
- Prashant Vihar:- https://g.page/HarpreetFordPrashantVihar?share
- Dilshad Garden:- https://g.page/FordDilshadGarden?share
- Sahibabad:- https://g.page/FordSahibabad?share
- Infocity Gurgaon:- https://g.page/FordServiceGurgaon?share
- Okhla:- https://g.page/FordOkhla?share
- Sahibabad:- https://g.page/FordSahibabad?share
- Moti Nagar:- https://g.page/FordServiceMotinagar?share
- Jahangirpuri:- https://g.page/FordJahangirpuri?share
- Kundli:- https://g.page/FordKundli?share
Chat With Us on WhatsApp:- http://bit.ly/09205876973
Visit our Website:- https://www.harpreetford.com/
Get Social With Us
- Facebook:- https://www.facebook.com/HarpreetFordcom/
- Instagram:- https://www.instagram.com/harpreet_ford/
- Twitter:- https://twitter.com/Harpreet_Ford
- LinkedIn:- https://www.linkedin.com/company/harpreet-ford
- YouTube:- http://bit.ly/HarpreetFord-YouTube